Table of Contents
- 1 What is required to connect your computer to the phone line?
- 2 What is a device that connects your computer to a telephone line so that the computer can communicate with another computer?
- 3 How do I connect my phone to my computer?
- 4 Can you connect a computer to a phone line?
- 5 What device connects your computer to the Internet?
- 6 What device connects your computer to a wireless network?
- 7 How does a computer hook up to a VoIP phone?
- 8 How do I hook up my phone to my computer?
What is required to connect your computer to the phone line?
The primary piece of hardware you need is a modem. The type of Internet access you choose will determine the type of modem you need. Dial-up access uses a telephone modem, DSL service uses a DSL modem, cable access uses a cable modem, and satellite service uses a satellite adapter.
What is a device that connects your computer to a telephone line so that the computer can communicate with another computer?
Modem, an acronym for modulator/demodulator, is a device that allows one computer to “talk” with another over a standard telephone line. Modems act as a kind of interpreter between a computer and the telephone line.
Which cable is used to connect telephone wire and computer?
Each IP phone is shipped with one six feet Ethernet cord, which should be used to connect the computer to the phone or the phone to the Ethernet jack.
What is used to connect to computer?
A router is a hardware device that allows you to connect several computers and other devices to a single Internet connection, which is known as a home network. Many routers are wireless, which allows you to create a home wireless network, commonly known as a Wi-Fi network.
How do I connect my phone to my computer?
- Locate the mini-USB port on the phone. Depending on the model, the mini-USB port may be located on left, right, top or bottom of the phone.
- Connect the small end of the USB cable to the mini-USB port on the phone.
- Locate an open USB port on the computer and plug the larger end of the USB cable into the port.
Can you connect a computer to a phone line?
Most fax machines include a connection that lets you connect your phone, fax and computer to one phone line. You use this capability when you use dial-up service for an Internet connection, and you have a fax machine and phone on the same phone line.
How do I connect my office phone to my computer?
How to Connect a Telephone to a PC
- Telephone line jack. Locate the end of the telephone cord. Video of the Day.
- Telephone USB. Connect the telephone cord jack to the USB telephone adapter.
- USB port. Plug the USB into your computer’s USB port.
Can I plug VoIP phone into computer?
Yes, you absolutely can use your laptop, desktop, windows tablet, Mac, etc., to both place and receive phone calls if you’re using a VoIP phone system at your business. Some systems may charge you a monthly fee for an extension on your computer, while some system’s it’s built into the cost of the system.
What device connects your computer to the Internet?
A cable modem is a hardware device that uses a coax cable to connect your computer devices with your Internet service provider (ISP). A cable modem connects to the Internet. There are a few different types of modems: analog modems (dial-up), digital subscriber line (DSL) or cable modems.
What device connects your computer to a wireless network?
A wireless network adapter is a device that connects your PC to a wireless network. To connect your portable or desktop PC to your wireless network, the PC must have a wireless network adapter. Most laptops and tablets—and some desktop PCs—come with a wireless network adapter already installed.
Can a cell phone be connected to a computer?
However, you can still connect these devices to a Windows-based PC. Connecting your phone to your computer, either through Bluetooth or USB, will prompt you to approve the connection. You may also be asked to download Apple software for managing your photos, songs, or videos.
Which is device connects a computer with a telephone line?
Answer: It’s the modem that connects it… It is mainly a combined device for modulation and demodulation. A.K.A digital data of a computer. That is all it is.
How does a computer hook up to a VoIP phone?
Plug the computer into the VoIP phone using the PC Ethernet slot. Plug the VoIP phone CAT5/6 cable into Ethernet jack. The CAT5/6 cable from the jacks plug directly into the switch (Ethernet ports). The diagram below illustrates cabling when there is no patch panel in place.
How do I hook up my phone to my computer?
Most charging cords double as a standard USB cable by simply removing the large, square power adapter from the USB end. To connect, place the USB end in your computer’s USB slot, then connect the other end to your phone.