Table of Contents
What is an example of ferocity?
Ferocity is defined as the state of being wild or fierce. The extreme and wild nature of a storm is an example of the ferocity of the storm.
How would you describe ferocity?
Ferocity is the state of being ferocious — wild, scary, and fierce. A five year-old girl pretending to be a lion will display her ferocity by roaring and baring her teeth. Things known for their ferocity include wild animals, terrifying thunder storms, and fierce battlefield fights.
How do you use ferocity?
the property of being wild or turbulent.
- He had never heard such ferocity in a man’s voice.
- The lion attacked its victim with great ferocity.
- The uprising was put down with the utmost ferocity.
- We quarrelled with unchristian ferocity.
- Detectives were shocked by the ferocity of the attack.
Is there such a word as ferocity?
a ferocious quality or state; savage fierceness.
How do you use the word ferocity in a sentence?
Examples of ‘ferocity’ in a sentence ferocity
- The speed and ferocity of the attacks was astonishing.
- The ferocity of his attacks on women began to build.
- Some days she could suffer two migraine attacks with terrifying ferocity.
- Yet we were still surprised by their ferocity.
What does ferociousness mean?
1 : exhibiting or given to extreme fierceness and unrestrained violence and brutality a ferocious predator the ferocious butchery of women and children. 2 : extremely intense ferocious heat The competition among the students was ferocious.
What word class is ferocity?
adjective. savagely fierce, as a wild beast, person, action, or aspect; violently cruel: a ferocious beating.
How is ferocity used in simple sentences?
Ferocity in a Sentence 🔉
- Even though my Chihuahua is tiny, he snarls and barks with such ferocity that most people tend to stay away.
- The tornadoes blew through the town with a ferocity that turned most of the magnificent, century-old homes into matchsticks.
How do you use ferocity in a sentence?
What are some synonyms and antonyms for ferocity?
Synonyms & Antonyms of ferocity
What part of speech is ferocity?
FEROCITY (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary.
What does word ferociously mean?
She’s got a ferocious (= very bad) temper. The president came in for some ferocious criticism. Synonyms. fierce. savage.
What does the name ferocity mean?
Ferocity (noun) savage wildness or fierceness; fury; cruelty; as, ferocity of countenance. Etymology: [L. ferocitas, fr. ferox, -ocis, fierce, kin to ferus wild: cf. F. ferocit. See Fierce.]
What is the antonym and synonym of ferocity?
ferocity | definition: the property of being wild or turbulent | synonyms: violence, intensity, fierceness, furiousness, savagery, wildness, intensiveness, savageness, vehemence, fury| antonyms: achromatic color, softness, soft, loud, tameness
What is a sentence using ferocity?
Ferocity in a sentence. Such is my ferocity. ferocity over its head. on it with full ferocity. the ferocity of a gladiator. yourself with full ferocity. With a sudden ferocity, he.