Table of Contents
What equipment is needed for BBQ?
11 Essential Tools to Grill at Home All Summer Long
- Sturdy Tongs. Oxo tongs. Credit: Target.
- Spatula. Spatula. Credit: Courtesy of Amazon.
- Metal Skewers. metal skewers. Credit: Courtesy of Amazon.
- Rimmed Baking Sheet. baking sheets.
- Cast-Iron Skillet. skillet.
- Cooling Rack. cooling rack.
- Charcoal Grill. Grill.
- Chimney. Chimney starter.
How do I host a summer BBQ?
- Prep food before your guests arrive.
- Make sure you have enough propane or charcoal.
- Ask guests to bring side dishes.
- Put up decorative outside lights.
- Serve snacks away from the cooking.
- Encourage guests to help themselves to both kid-friendly and adult drinks.
- Set up some yard games to keep the kids occupied.
What do you need for an outdoor grill?
- Gas grill.
- Lidded roasting pan.
- Meat thermometer (optional)
- Small fire extinguisher.
- Stainless steel scissors.
- Stainless steel spatula.
- Stainless steel tongs.
- Stainless steel wire brush.
How to Plan a Backyard BBQ Menu in 3 Minutes or Less
- Start with Appetizers. Always expect guests to arrive hungry.
- Pick Two Proteins.
- Choose Four Sides.
- Don’t Forget the Fixings!
- Grab Some Drinks.
- Put Out Dessert.
- Dealing with Dietary Restrictions.
- It’s Not a BBQ Until Everyone Has Some Redneck Lipstick.
How do I host a BBQ on a budget?
13 tips for extra summer BBQ savings
- Don’t splurge on fancy meats.
- Use cheaper veggies and sides to supplement the food.
- Speaking of those sides, make them homemade.
- Ask guests to contribute.
- Turn off the grill as soon as the food’s done.
- Do your shopping at stores like Costco or Sam’s Club, if you have a membership.
How much charcoal do I need for a BBQ?
HOW MUCH CHARCOAL SHOULD I USE? When working with charcoal, the basic rule is the more coal you use, the hotter your fire. A good rule of thumb is about 30 briquettes for smaller or portable grills and 50 to 75 briquettes for larger barrel and Kettleman grills. You’ll need more charcoal on cold, windy or rainy days.
How much charcoal do you put in a burger?
For burgers and sausages, try around half to three-quarters of a chimney for medium heat. If you’re using your grill to sear meat or want to cook something hot and fast, use three quarters or a full chimney.
What should I bring to a Backyard BBQ?
Essentials for a Backyard BBQ 1 Lighting and Decor. Festive lighting is always helpful for setting the mood and getting everyone into the summer spirit. 2 Outdoor Torches. 3 Summer Beers. 4 Wine. 5 Drink Dispenser. 6 Ice. 7 Entertainment. 8 Bug Repellent. 9 Watermelon. 10 Simple Appetizers.
What do you need to make a BBQ?
BBQ Essentials checklist 1 Aluminium Foil 2 Apron 3 BBQ Grilling Cooking Gloves – for 932°F 4 Napkins 5 Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Bottle Opener 6 Charcoal + ecological starter + matches 7 BBQ Grilling Tools Set. Stainless Steel Spatula, Locking Tongs and Fork 8 Onion 9 Oil
What kind of tongs do you need for a BBQ?
Heavy-duty tongs and a spatula are a must-have for the ultimate backyard barbecue. This set includes a stainless-steel spatula, fork and tongs. The set would make a great Father’s Day gift. Photo: Courtesy of Amazon
Do you need a grill for a Backyard BBQ?
A backyard BBQ is just not possible without the grill, and the tools you’ll need. Once you have your grill situation in order, it’s time to next think about what kind of starter pucks and charcoal you might use. You will also need to consider what kind of food will you be serving and what kind of utensils will be needed for prep.