Table of Contents
- 1 What are the names of the 5 rainforests?
- 2 What forest starts with an E?
- 3 Where are the 3 largest rainforests in the world located?
- 4 Is there rainforest in Britain?
- 5 What kind of animals live in the Amazon rainforest?
- 6 Are there any animals that start with the letter W?
- 7 What kind of animals live in the ocean?
What are the names of the 5 rainforests?
17 Biggest and Popular Rainforests in the World
- Amazon Rainforest (South America)
- Congo Rainforest (Africa)
- Valdivian Temperate Rainforest (South America)
- Daintree Rainforest (Australia)
- Southeast Asian Rainforest (Asia)
- Tongass National Forest (North America)
- Kinabalu National Park (Malaysia)
What forest starts with an E?
EQUATORIAL RAINFOREST Tropical rainforests cover about 7% of the Earth’s surface, in a band around the equator. They are also called tropical rainforests.
How many animals are in a rainforest?
No one knows exactly how many species live in the world’s tropical rainforests — estimates range from 3 to 50 million species — rainforests are the undisputed champions of biodiversity among the world’s ecosystems, containing far higher numbers of species on a per-area basis relative to sub-tropical, temperate, and …
Where are the 3 largest rainforests in the world located?
The world’s largest rainforests
- The Amazon Rainforest. NASA Landsat satellite image of the Amazon rainforest.
- The Congo rainforest. NASA Landsat satellite image of the Congo rainforest.
- Australiasia. NASA Landsat satellite image of the Australiasia rainforest.
Is there rainforest in Britain?
Rainforests in the UK are part of the Coastal Temperate Rainforest biome. This habitat is globally rare and some say is more threatened than tropical rainforest. Coastal temperate rainforest is a globally rare habitat.
Is there rainforest in Alaska?
The Alaskan rainforest is large — and largely undeveloped. In Southeast Alaska alone there are hundreds of islands, 15,000 miles of coastline, over 19 million land acres, and over 5 million acres of pristine old-growth rainforest.
What kind of animals live in the Amazon rainforest?
One in ten known species in the world lives in the Amazon rainforest. This constitutes the largest collection of animal species in the world. More than 1,400 species of mammals are found in the Amazon, the majority of which are species of bats and rodents. Its larger mammals include the jaguar, ocelot, capybara and tapir. (see photos links above)
Are there any animals that start with the letter W?
Discover awesome animals beginning with w, including wolves, wallabies, walruses, whale sharks and wolverines. On this page you’ll find a list of animals beginning with w, together with pictures and interesting facts about each species.
How are the animals in the rainforest protected?
– These species are known as rainforest animals. These animals are always in danger of being hunted and this is why they have developed many methods of protecting themselves from the other animals. – Camouflage, Warning colors and scaring predators are just some of the techniques that rainforest animals use for survival in the thick forests.
What kind of animals live in the ocean?
Whales are large aquatic mammals that are found throughout the world’s oceans. Whales are members of Cetacea, a group of animals that also includes dolphins and porpoises. There are two main types of whale: toothed whales (Odontoceti) and baleen whales (Mysticeti).