Table of Contents
- 1 How many countries have French as their official language in Europe?
- 2 How many speak French in EU?
- 3 Which country has French as an official language?
- 4 How many countries speak French as their main language?
- 5 What is the official language of the European Union?
- 6 Where is French spoken as an official language?
- 7 How many countries have French as official language?
- 8 How many official languages does the EU have?
- 9 Which is the official language of the European Union?
- 10 How many countries are there in the European Union?
How many countries have French as their official language in Europe?
29 countries speak French as an official language, placing it in the second place after English. The states are spread across five different continents with the majority in Europe and Africa.
How many speak French in EU?
French is the second most widely spoken mother tongue in the European Union. Of Europeans who speak other languages natively, approximately one-fifth are able to speak French as a second language….French language.
|Native speakers||76.8 million worldwide An estimated 274 million French speakers (L1 plus L2; 2014)|
What are the 28 French speaking countries?
In addition to France and its DOM and TOM, French is the Official language of 28 countries:
- Burkina Faso.
- Central African Republic.
Which country has French as an official language?
French is the official language** in Belgium, Benin, Burkina, Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Canada, Central, African, Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte, d’Ivoire, Democratic, Republic, of, the, Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial, Guinea, France, Guinea, Haiti, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Mali, Monaco, Niger, Republic, of, the, Congo.
How many countries speak French as their main language?
French is an official language in 29 independent nations. The following is a list of sovereign states and territories where French is an official or de facto language.
Which EU countries have English as an official language?
The English language is the de facto official language of England, the sole official language of Gibraltar and of Akrotiri and Dhekelia, and one of the official languages of the Republic of Ireland, Malta, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, Jersey, Guernsey and the European Union.
What is the official language of the European Union?
385. The 24 official languages of the EU are: Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish. OJ C 117E, 6.5. 2010, p.
Where is French spoken as an official language?
Which country is French not an official language?
How many countries have French as official language?
French is a recognised official language in 29 countries and some of the most prominent of these are listed below, in order of the number of native speakers each country has. Most French-speaking countries are considered part of la francophonie and most were French colonies in the past.
How many official languages does the EU have?
The EU has 24 official languages, of which three (English, French and German) have the higher status of procedural languages of the European Commission (whereas the European Parliament accepts all official languages as working languages).
Are there any French speaking countries in Europe?
It is home to about 250,000 French-speaking people. It is a member of the European Union and the Eurozone. French is also the official language of Vanuatu, French Polynesia, New Caledonia, Futuna, and Wallis.
Which is the official language of the European Union?
Languages Of The European Union. In 1958, four languages became the official European Union languages. These were French, Dutch, Italian and German. The other languages were adopted later in different years.
How many countries are there in the European Union?
Europe, the continent, is made up of 45 countries, which cover a massive area of 3,930,000 square miles (10,180,000 sq km). This vastness provides a unique blend of cultures, languages, and cuisines. Out of the 45 countries, 27 are members of the European Union. The European Union has 23 official languages.