Table of Contents
- 1 How do you develop alternative solutions?
- 2 Why is it important to develop alternatives?
- 3 Why do people avoid problem solving?
- 4 What are the factors that affect problem solving?
- 5 How to generate alternatives when we are faced with a problem?
- 6 Why is it important to generate alternative solutions?
- 7 How do stakeholders generate alternative solutions to problems?
How do you develop alternative solutions?
2. Generate alternative solutions
- Postpone evaluating alternatives initially.
- Include all involved individuals in the generating of alternatives.
- Specify alternatives consistent with organizational goals.
- Specify short- and long-term alternatives.
- Brainstorm on others’ ideas.
- Seek alternatives that may solve the problem.
Why is it important to develop alternatives?
Developing Alternatives The need to make a decision arises because there are many available alternatives. Coming up with more than one solution enables decision makers to see which one can actually work.
What does generating alternative solutions to a problem require?
To generate alternative solutions, you can look at the problem in different ways. You are argued to find a new perspective that you have not yet thought about. One technique is to quickly list different solutions including those that do not look viable and then try to eliminate one by one and see where they fail.
Why do people avoid problem solving?
Avoiding problems because you hate the process usually means the issue gets worse. Emotionally sensitive people are often creative problem-solvers. They find solutions that no one else considered but afterward seem so obvious. You may also struggle with the emotions that are part of problem-solving.
What are the factors that affect problem solving?
Below we have outlined the key factors affecting the problem solving process.
- Understanding the problem. The most important factor in solving a problem is to first fully understand it.
- Personality types/Temperament.
- Resources available.
Why do we offer alternatives when is this done?
By providing multiple alternatives in your offer, you’re communicating that you’re willing to be flexible to make this happen. It shows commitment, flexibility, and understanding. Be careful if you choose to make one or more alternatives to be a very poor deal though. This is a tactic sometimes used.
How to generate alternatives when we are faced with a problem?
A good way that we can follow, when we are faced with a problem, is to examine the problem as a whole, observing and noting the complexities that exist and embracing the tension between opposing ideas to create new alternatives that arise from the advantage of having many possible solutions.
Why is it important to generate alternative solutions?
It is important that we generate as many alternatives as possible. This will allow us to choose the most effective solution to the problem. To generate alternative solutions, you can look at the problem in different ways. You are argued to find a new perspective that you have not yet thought about.
How are problem solvers choose the best alternative?
Skilled problem solvers use a series of considerations when selecting the best alternative. They consider the extent to which: A particular alternative will solve the problem without causing other unanticipated problems. All the individuals involved will accept the alternative.
How do stakeholders generate alternative solutions to problems?
Usually stakeholders see problems from completely different perspectives. If you are a developer, involve users, involve sales people and other stakeholders. Within the same group, brainstorming sessions tend to generate different solutions.