Table of Contents
Just hit Windows key + L to lock your PC and hit Enter or swipe up for the login screen. There you will see a fully functional power button at the lower-right corner of the login screen. Or, if you set the value to 0, the power button will no longer show up.
What is the power button in Windows?
When I press the power button lets you change what the physical button on your computer does. By default it’s set to Shut Down — so if you press the button, it’s the same as issuing a Shut Down command via the Start Menu. You can change this to Sleep, Hibernate, Turn off the display, or Do nothing here.
Usually, the power button for a laptop or netbook computer is located above the keyboard on the left, center, or right side. If you cannot find the power button above the keyboard, look on the right hinge on the screen.
Where is the power button on a Windows keyboard?
Here’s how to do both.
- Click the Start button in the lower-left corner of your screen. You can also press the Windows key on your keyboard to open the Start menu.
- Choose the Power icon.
- When you click the power button, you will have the option to put your computer to sleep, restart it, or power it down.
How to change power button action using Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Under “Power Options,” click the Change what the power buttons do link.
- Using the drop-down menu for “When I press the power button” select the action you want:
How do I add the power button on Windows 10?
Follow these steps to create a shutdown shortcut:
- Right click on the desktop and select the New > Shortcut option.
- In the Create Shortcut window, enter “shutdown /s /t 0″ as the location (Last character is a zero) , do not type the quotes (” “).
- Now enter a name for the shortcut.
Set the Power Button Function in Windows
- In the Control Panel, choose Hardware and Sound.
- Beneath the Power Options heading, click the Change What the Power Buttons Do link.
- Click a button to choose a Plugged In Power button function.
- Set additional Power button functions.
- Click the Save Changes button.
How do you turn on a Windows laptop?
The most recent trend is to put the power button under the laptop’s lid; you must open up the laptop to find and press the power button, turning the laptop on. Older laptops may have the power button anywhere, usually along one of the laptop’s sides: front, left, right, or back.
IEC 60417-5010, the power on-off symbol (line within a circle), is used on buttons that switch a device between on and fully off states. A crescent moon, indicating sleep mode, is added by IEEE 1621 as a replacement for the standby symbol.
Can you turn on PC with keyboard?
Look for a setting called “Power On By Keyboard” or something similar. Your computer might have several options for this setting. You will probably be able to choose between either any key on the keyboard or only a specific key. Make the changes and follow the directions to save and exit.
The power key, or power button, is a key found on many computer keyboards during the 1980s and into the early 2000s.
How do you turn on power icon?
Right click on the power icon. Select “turn system icons on or off”. Set the power icon to “On”. That should do the trick. You could also go into Control Panel and right click on the Power Options icon and create a shortcut to put on your desktop.
How to get power icon?
Scroll down in the Settings window that appears and click “Turn system icons on or off” under Notification area. Locate the “Power” icon in the list here and toggle it to “On” by clicking it. It will reappear on your taskbar.
When I press the power button options?
Open Control Panel . Click on System and Security. Under “Power Options,” click the Change what the power buttons do link. Using the drop-down menu for “When I press the power button” select the action you want: Do nothing. Sleep.
Locate the Power button. It is a key or button in the upper-right corner of the keyboard that is labeled with the “Power” icon, which is an open circle that contains a vertical line.