Table of Contents
- 1 What subjects should I take for O levels?
- 2 How can I pass my O-level exam?
- 3 How many subjects are compulsory for O levels in Uganda?
- 4 How many subjects can you take in O Levels?
- 5 What countries take O Levels?
- 6 What are the best A levels to take for medicine?
- 7 How many O Level subjects do I need to take?
- 8 When do you take the O Level exam?
- 9 Who are the regional exam boards for O levels?
What subjects should I take for O levels?
Subjects offered in the O’ Level include Additional Maths, English Literature, History, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Combined Science, Business Studies, Enterprise, Environment Management, Economics, Accounting, Bangladesh Studies, Computer Science, and Art & Design.
How can I pass my O-level exam?
Try the following 6 tips just before the O-Level exams for a clearer mind.
- Set Your Body Clock to Your Advantage.
- Plan Your Revision.
- Reward Yourself and Take Breaks.
- Stick to the Tried-and-Tested.
- Look Through Work Before Sleeping.
- Practise Retrieval Techniques.
How do you qualify for O levels?
The GCE O-Level examination is offered annually to:
- Students from mainstream schools who are taking a Secondary Four Express course or a Secondary Five Normal (Academic) course.
- Private candidates who have met the eligibility criteria to register for the GCE O-Level examination.
How many subjects are compulsory for O levels in Uganda?
seven compulsory subjects
The national secondary school syllabus has been revised, requiring all O-level students in Uganda to take seven compulsory subjects.
How many subjects can you take in O Levels?
If you are studying O levels in Pakistan, then you need a total of eight subjects including: English, Urdu, Islamiyat, Pakistan Studies, and Math’s as compulsory subjects. The remaining three subjects are elective.
How many subjects are there in O-level?
Along with the 5 Compulsory Subjects, every student appears in the Final O-Level Examinations in a total of 9 subjects.
What countries take O Levels?
It is offered in Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Sri Lanka and a few other countries. In Singapore, the GCE O-level was de-linked from the UK O-levels in 2006, and public schools offer customised Singapore O-levels to students in Grades 9 and 10.
What are the best A levels to take for medicine?
What A-levels are essential to study medicine?
- chemistry, biology and either maths or physics (or both) will keep all the medical schools open to you.
- if you don’t take maths or physics but do take chemistry and biology, it will keep open the vast majority.
How many subjects are there in the new curriculum?
The curriculum forms part of sweeping reforms in basic education, beginning from the 2019/2020 academic year. Under the new curriculum, the subjects to be taught at the KG level have been reduced from seven to four, which are integrated into themes.
How many O Level subjects do I need to take?
For Cambridge and Oxford, take around 12 O Levels and 5 A Levels. Your O Level subjects should be a combination of languages, sciences, maths and humanities. Score As and A*s in all of them. For A Levels, take subjects that would benefit you in your major in college.
When do you take the O Level exam?
The O-Level exams are the first GCE exams students are required to take and typically do so at the age of sixteen. One of the purposes of the O-Level exam is to determine the student’s readiness for more advanced, or A-Level, courses. Initially, O-Level exams were simply graded on a “pass” or “fail,” but later this was changed to numbers 1-9
How many O levels do you need for Cambridge?
For Cambridge and Oxford, take around 12 O Levels and 5 A Levels. Your O Level subjects should be a combination of languages, sciences, maths and humanities. Score As and A*s in all of them.
Who are the regional exam boards for O levels?
These regional exam boards have since been merged, and O level records are now held by four exam boards: Pearson, AQA, OCR, and WJEC. If you are needing to find out whether we hold the record of your O level qualifications, you can consult the table below to see which regions and regional exam boards that our records will cover.