Table of Contents
What does it mean to Grubstake?
1 : supplies or funds furnished a mining prospector on promise of a share in his discoveries. 2 : material assistance (such as a loan) provided for launching an enterprise or for a person in difficult circumstances. grubstake. verb. grubstaked; grubstaking; grubstakes.
How do you use Grubstake in a sentence?
1. They grubstaked him two horses and enough supplies for three months. 2. I got me a grubstake, I might get lucky.
What do you mean by prospectors?
noun. a person who searches for the natural occurrence of gold, petroleum, etc.
What is a synonym for grub stake?
In this page you can discover 16 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for grubstake, like: backing, capital, capitalization, financing, funding, stake, subsidization, back, capitalize, finance and fund.
When was the word tenderfoot first used?
Origin of tenderfoot Refers to the delicate feet of newcomers to ranching or mining areas. First attested 1866.
What is the definition of the mother lode?
1 : the principal vein or lode of a region. 2 : a principal source or supply.
How do you use crude in a sentence?
Crude sentence example
- They were very rough and crude , but strong and serviceable.
- Beyond them was a crude wooden floored arena hedged by rows of shouting people.
- There was a crude map to the Pacific Crest Inn.
- Pop. (
- Soon I felt the need of some communication with others and began to make crude signs.
How do you use the word novel?
Novel in a Sentence 🔉
- The studio is looking for novel concepts to turn into original television series.
- Because my daughter rarely does anything as novel as doing her chores without being told, I am sure she wants something from me.
- Jim is always able to find novel ways to make use of broken appliances around the house.
Who are the prospectors?
A prospector is someone looking for mineral deposits. Prospectors are usually after gold. A prospector is a type of explorer, but one with a specific purpose: prospectors are after mineral deposits. Mineral deposits are found in the ground, so prospectors will commonly be looking down.
What does novel mean as an adjective?
Adjective. new, novel, original, fresh mean having recently come into existence or use. new may apply to what is freshly made and unused new brick or has not been known before new designs or not experienced before.