Table of Contents
- 1 How do you show a blank drop down list in Excel?
- 2 How do I show the first item in a drop down list instead of blank?
- 3 How do I insert blank space in data validation in Google Sheets?
- 4 How do I enable a drop-down list in Excel?
- 5 How do you use Data Validation in a drop down list?
- 6 How do I ignore blank cells in data validation list?
- 7 How to show drop down list’s disappeared arrows again in?
- 8 How to make a drop down arrow appear in Excel?
How do you show a blank drop down list in Excel?
In the Data Validation dialog, select List from the Allow drop-down list, select the list including the blank cell you want to create data validation list based on and uncheck the Ignore blank option. 4. Click OK. Now you will see the first option in the data validation list is blank.
Why is data validation not showing in drop down list?
Even though the default setting for a data validation list is to show the arrow, it’s possible to change that setting. On the Ribbon, click the Data tab. In the Data Tools group, click Data Validation. On the Settings tab, add a check mark to In-cell drop down.
How do I show the first item in a drop down list instead of blank?
To set default value for the drop down list, you need to create a general drop down list first, and then use a formula.
- Create a drop down list.
- Then in the Data Validation dialog, under Settings tab, select List from Allow list, and then select the value you want to show in the drop down list to Source textbox.
How not include blank cell in drop down list?
In Excel 2007 and later go to the Home tab and look to the right and click the Find & Select button and then you can see this option. From the window that opens, select the Blanks option and hit OK. Now, right-click a selected cell, which will be a blank one, and click Delete. Hit OK and that’s it!
How do I insert blank space in data validation in Google Sheets?
Select any “Space” symbol you like, I prefer “En Space”, and click [Insert]; Select and copy (Ctrl+C) that “space” from the input line of Excel with your mouse; Input that copied “space” into [Source] line of your [Data Validation].
How not include blank cell in drop-down list?
How do I enable a drop-down list in Excel?
Select the cells that you want to contain the lists. On the ribbon, click DATA > Data Validation. In the dialog, set Allow to List. Click in Source, type the text or numbers (separated by commas, for a comma-delimited list) that you want in your drop-down list, and click OK.
Why is Data Validation not showing?
If data validation isn’t working, make sure that: To prevent users from copying and filling data by dragging and dropping cells, go to File > Options > Advanced > Editing options > clear the Enable fill handle and cell drag-and-drop check box, and then protect the worksheet.
How do you use Data Validation in a drop down list?
Add data validation to a cell or a range
- Select one or more cells to validate.
- On the Data tab, in the Data Tools group, click Data Validation.
- On the Settings tab, in the Allow box, select List.
- In the Source box, type your list values, separated by commas.
- Make sure that the In-cell dropdown check box is selected.
How do you make a drop down visible?
Select the cell to the right of the cell that contains a validation list. Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon, press the Symbol button. On the Symbol window, choose “Wingdings 3” from the Text drop-down. Find the symbol that looks like the down-arrow.
How do I ignore blank cells in data validation list?
To turn prevent invalid entries, if the named range has blank cells:
- Select the cell that contains a data validation list.
- Choose Data|Validation.
- On the Settings tab, remove the check mark from the Ignore blank box.
- Click OK.
How can I check drop down list in Excel?
1. Select the drop down list cells and click Data > Data Validation. See screenshot: 2. In the Data Validation dialog, under Settings tab, go to check In-cell dropdown option. See screenshot: 3. Clock OK to close dialog, and you can see the arrow of drop down list has been shown.
How to show drop down list’s disappeared arrows again in?
Show drop down list’s disappeared arrow again with one option-checked. 1. Select the drop down list cells and click Data > Data Validati on. See screenshot: 2. In the Data Validation dialog, under Settings tab, go to check In-cell dropdown option. See screenshot: 3. Clock OK to close dialog, and you
How to create drop down list ignore blank cells in Excel?
Create drop down list ignore blank cells in Excel. Click Kutools > Insert > Fill Blank Cells. Kutools for Excel’s Fill Balnk Cells utility helps you not only fill all blank cells with certain value, but fill balnk cells based on the above value as you need.
How to make a drop down arrow appear in Excel?
Solution: Create a Fake Drop-down Icon One possible solution is to create a fake drop-down icon in the cell to the right of the cell that contains the validation list. You can do this by placing a Wingdings 3 character in the cell to the right. Then format the cell to look like like a disabled drop-down arrow icon.