Table of Contents
- 1 How can I email tally data?
- 2 How can I backup my tally data?
- 3 How can I transfer data from tally to next year?
- 4 How can I convert tally file to zip?
- 5 How can I merge two Tally data?
- 6 How can data be imported in Tally?
- 7 How do I back up my tally data?
- 8 How can I transfer data from one company to another?
How can I email tally data?
Set up E-mailing Feature for Your Company
- Go to Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > E-mailing .
- Select the required E-Mail Server from the list of Common Mail Servers .
- If you are using any other E-mail server , select User Defined .
- For the Server address enter the name of your SMTP server followed by the port.
How can I backup my tally data?
How to Take Back Up & Restore Data In Tally? Print
- From the Gateway of Tally, click on the button F3: Cmp Info.
- Select Backup.
- In the Destination field, specify the path where the data backup has to be stored.
- Select the companies to backup.
- Accept the screen.
How can I transfer data in tally?
How to Mail Tally ERP 9 Data
- F1 Select Company.
- Tally Path shown at top (Suppose Tally path is C:\Users\Public\Tally.ERP9\Data)
- Check Company Name and Number whose Data required to be copied.
- Go Manually to Path (Go to C Drive –> Users –> Public –> Tally ERP 9 –> Data)
- Copy Data Folder of Company which is required.
How can I restore tally backup to another computer?
- Go to Gateway of Tally > F3 : Cmp Info > Restore to view the Restore Companies screen.
- Destination – The folder path where your company data is to be restored.
- Source – The folder path where the backup file is stored.
- Select the required companies from the List of Companies .
How can I transfer data from tally to next year?
- Go to Gateway of Tally > F3 : Cmp Info > Split Company Data > Select Company .
- Select the required company for which the data has to be split.
- Enter or retain the Split from date.
- Press Enter to split the data. Data will split into two periods.
How can I convert tally file to zip?
- Step 1: – Backup you’re Data. Gateway of Tally → Alt + F3 (Company Info) → Backup.
- Step 2: Make a Zip / Rar of your data backup folder. Now go to D:\TBK → Right Click on 14-01-2016 folder → Add to 14-01-2016.rar.
- Step 3: Mail your Data.
- Step 4: Unzip & Restore your Data.
- Step 5: Restore Your Data.
How can I merge two tally data?
Copy Multiple Groups
- Go to Gateway of Tally > Select Company > Source Company.
- Go to Gateway of Tally > Select Company > Destination Company.
- Go back to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. >
- Select a group or All Items from the list.
- Click F3: Company to switch over to the destination company.
How can I transfer data in Tally?
How can I merge two Tally data?
1. Press Alt + E from the above-mentioned path (Tally Main–> Gateway of Tally–> Display Menu–> List of Accounts), for the purpose of Export of Masters. 3. Repeat step 1 and the notes as stated above for all the companies you wish to merge.
How can data be imported in Tally?
Solution(By Examveda Team) Data can be imported into Tally in XML format. It can be done from data created in previous versions of Tally or from third party applications.
What is tally file extension?
TCP file, short for Tally Compiled Program File, is a file format related to accounting software named Tally. ERP.
Can you copy tally data from one computer to another?
Sometimes, there is need to copy Tally data to another computer arises. Therefore, in this blog, we have discussed the two methods to transfer Tally data from one system to another. The first solution is to copy and paste your data using a pen drive and another approach is backup and restores Tally data.
How do I back up my tally data?
Tally Data Backup. To take backup of Tally data follow the below-mentioned steps: Open Tally program and then go to Company Info menu or you can use shortcut key Alt+F3. After that, select Backup. A backup screen will appear on the screen. Select the destination where you want to save your backup.
How can I transfer data from one company to another?
You can easily transfer Ledgers, Stock Items, Godowns, Cost Centres and Cost Categories, Transactions/Voucher Entries and everything else from one company to another company. Tally also allows you to Export all data at a time from one company and Import to another company.